1. The term species was coined by____.
C. John Ray
2. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
A. Viviparity is the reproductive pattern shown by most mammals
B. Viviparity occurs primarily in salamanders and caecilians.
C. In viviparity, a shell does not form around the egg.
D. None of these.
3. Megasporangium is equivalent to:
A. Embryo sac
4. Reproduction in most of the bacteria is by …
A. Binary fission
5. A bivalent consists of the followings …
A. Two chromatids and one centromere
B. Four chromatids and two centromeres
C. Two chromatids and two centromeres
D. Four chromatids and four centromeres
6. The Golgi apparatus
A. found only in animals
B. found in prokaryotes
C. site of rapid ATP production
D. Modifies and packages proteins
7. Enzymes are sensitive to the which one of the followings?
B. cell wall
8. Feedback inhibition of enzymes is affected by which of the followings …
C. end products
D. intermediate end products
9. Community is …
A. Species structure and diversity index of an area
C. Autotrophic and heterotrophic components
D. A, B, and C
10. Which one of the following is not normally a pollutant?
A. Carbon monoxide
B. Carbon dioxide
D. Sulphur dioxide