Database and information with examples, DBMS.
What is the database?
“Database is an organized collection of related data”. The database can contain one or more tables. The table has a proper database schemas. Different SQL queries are performed on data to generate useful reports. Reports are technically called views.
The database can be managed by the Database Management System DBMS. All the tables in the database are fully normalized to reduce the anomalies within data and to convert the database from complex to a simple one. Keys are used to uniquely identifies the tuple within the database. (what is tuple in database? Tuple is a single row of a table, which contains a single record for that relation is called a tuple.)
Examples of the database
Examples of the database are phone directory in your mobile phone, Database of the library, Database of a college, Database of citizens of the USA, etc.
What is data?
Data is a collection of raw figures and raw facts. Data can consist of text, character, images, audio or video, etc. Data plays a key role in any organization because data is processed by data mining to take big decision about your organization. Data is very expensive. You can notice that many of the social networks provide you free services. Why when there is nothing free in this world? Yes because many social networks keep a record of your activities and then these social networks know more about you and you know less about you. After that many of the social networks sell your data to advertisement companies. Advertisement companies show you ads related to you when you log on to the internet.
What is Information?
The processed form of data is information. For example, we can give the data to the CPU in the form of input. CPU process the data and then CPU gives us the output in the form of information. The only purpose to store the data is to get useful information from the data. In database processing on the data and in the CPU is done when someone put the SQL query.
What is DBMS?
DBMS is the database management system. DBMS is used to created and manipulate the database. Some common examples of DBMS are Mysql, Microsoft Access, Oracle, SQL server etc.
Hopefully, now you can answer the following questions;
- What is the database?
- What is data?
- What is information?
- What is the database management system?
- What are the examples of database management systems?
You need to develop an online management system for T4Tutorials. There are three kinds of users in the system.
- subscriber (user, who is more special than normal registered user)
- Registered user(user ,who just created the account)
- Admin can upload new tutorials to the T4Tutorials. Similarly admin can
- delete or can update the old tutorials. admin can upload delete and can
- update the the ebooks.
- The admin can also view and can search the tutorials and ebooks.
- The admin have a right to delete the detail of any subscriber or registered user. when admin delete any subscriber and a registered user, then
- The user will be notified about this action that is taken by the admin.
- The registered user can only read the tutorials from the T4Tutorials.
- The subscribers can read the tutorials can read the books, and can download the ebooks and tutorials.
- Registered user can comment the tutorial. Similarly the registered user can like or dislike the tutorial. the registered user can share the tutorial with other friends on Facebook.
- If the total likes of the user are more than one hundred, then the status of the user will automatically be converted into the subscriber. the
- user will be notified about his/her status change.
- However it totally depends upon the choice of the user, if the user confirm
- himself/herself as a subscriber, then the status will be confirmed as a
- subscriber, otherwise the user will not be taken as subscriber and will be
- treated as a normal registered user.
- Design the database tables with attributes. The attributes will be supposed by yourself.