Momentum MCQ is a set of important solved questions answers. Most of the time jobs test is prepared by the organizations from these MCQs.
1. When a rock of mass 60 kg failing towards earth with a speed of 20 ms -1 is?
D. none of these
2. Stop or tend to stop motion of a body is known as
3. When we are moving which has the greater momentum?
A. A bullet
B. a car
C. a motorcycle
D. either of these depending on the speed
4. A snooker player must consider the condition when replacing a ball with another ball by the collision of what condition will be.
A. the moving ball must not be head-on
B. the collision must be head-on
C. both A and B
D. no condition required
5. Which one is the branch of mechanics that deals with the study of the motion of an object and cause of its motion?
6. Is it correct to say that impulse is equal to
A. velocity multiplied by time
C. force multiplied by the distance it acts.
D. a corresponding change in momentum
7. Direction of momentum is the direction of objects
B. frictional force
8. The quantity of motion that body possesses due to its mass is called?
D.both A & B
9. The impulse momentum relationship is the result of
A.newton 1st law
B.Newton third lar
D. Newton 2nd law
10. An object traveling with constant velocity has
A. constant rate of momentum
B. decreasing momentum
C. increasing momentum
D. none of these
11. The center of mass of a body is
A. lies always outside of the body
B. lies inside the body
C. lies within or outside the body
D. nothing to be lies
12. Momentum and energy in a perfectly elastic collision are?
A. must be conserved
B. is not conserved
C. becomes zero after collision
D. equal before the collision
13. The force on a drooped apple on the earth the apple hitting to the earth depends upon?
A. the time of contact with the ground
B. whether or not the apples bounces
C. the speed of apple just before hitting to the ground
D. All of these
14. Mass and velocity are combined to give?
A. linear momentum
D. angular momentum
15. If a ball thrown upward of the surface of the earth then?
A. the ball and earth both moves towards each other
B. the ball remains stationary while the ball moves upward
C. the ball remains stationary while the ball moves downward
D. the ball and earth both moves away from each other
D. both A &B
17.Fast neutron can easily be slow down by
A. Elastic collision with heavy nucleus
B. applying strong electric field
C. the use of lead shield
D. passing them through heavy water