Operating System Quiz-Test
Let’s see some important most asked Operating System Quiz-Test.
1. In which replacement each process only select from its own set of allocated frames?
2. What is the basic objective of an operating system is?
A. To make the most efficient use of the computer hardware
B. To keep systems programmers employed
C. To allow people to use the computer
D. To make computers easier to use
3. _________________ is not a real time operating system.
B. Palm OS
D. Windows CE
4. the global replacement algorithm has a problem that is :
A. many frames can be allocated to a process
B. it is very expensive
C. it is very expensive
D. a process cannot control its own page – fault rate
5. Inter process communication allows the process to :
A. communicate and synchronize their actions when using the same address space
B. only synchronize their actions without communication
C. communicate and synchronize their actions without using the same address space
D. do nothing
6. The OS X has _________
A. monolithic kernel
B. monolithic kernel with modules
C. micro kernel
D. hybrid kernel
E. No kernel
7. Which of the following replacement generally results in greater system throughput?
8. Message passing system allows processes to _________________.
A. share data
B. communicate with one another by resorting to shared data
C. communicate with one another without resorting to shared data
D. name the recipient or sender of the message
9. One process execution at a time in a system, are called ___________
A. uni processing systems
B. uniprogramming systems
C. unitasking systems
D. none of the mentioned
10. A process is thrashing if_____________________.
A. it has no memory allocated to it
B. it spends a lot of time paging, than executing
C. it spends a lot of time executing, rather than paging
11. Which operations an IPC facility provides?
A. send & delete message
B. delete & receive message
C. receive & send message
D. write & delete message
12. Each process has its own __________________ in operating system,
A. pending alarms, signals and signal handlers
B. address space and global variables
C. open files
D. all of the above