Last modified on May 27th, 2019
MCQs Of Nuclear Chemistry
1. The control rods are made up of cadmium in a nuclear reactor because cadmium is ________.
A. Emits neutron
B. Emits electrons
C. Absorbs excess electrons
D. Absorbs excess neutron
2. Which of the following was discovered Radio-activity?
A. Henry Becquerel
B. Madame Curie
C. J.J. Thomson
3. Which of the following involves Fusion bomb?
A. Explosion of TNT
B. Combustion of oxygen
C. Destruction of a heavy nucleus into smaller nuclei
D. Combination of Lighter nuclei into a bigger nucleus
4. Which of the following involves Gamma rays?
A. High energy protons
B. High energy electron
C. High energy electromagnetic waves
D. Low energy waves
5. Which of the following element used for dating the ancient remains is.
6. Which one of the following has no charge .
A. Alpha rays
B. Beta rays
C. Gamma rays
D. Cathode rays
7. Hydrogen bomb is based on the phenomenon of _____.
A. Nuclear explosion
B. Chemical reaction
C. Nuclear fusion
D. Nuclear fission
8. which scientist discover artifical radioactivity?
A. Hahn and Strassman
B. Joliot and Irene Curie
9. Which Uranium gives stable isotopes of ____.
10. A radioactive isotope decays at such rate that after 192 minutes only 1/16 of the original amount remains. Its half-life is____.
A. 32 min
B. 12 min
C. 48 min
D. 24 min
11. What is the fuel of atomic pile?
12. The average life period of a radioactive element is
A. 1.44 T
B. 144 T
C. 0.144 T
D. 14.4 T