Last modified on April 21st, 2021
Software Fault Tolerance MCQs Quizlet Bank
1. What mostly lead to soft errors in hardware?
A. Alpha Particle
B. Voltage Fluctuation
C. Thermal Issue
D. Cosmic Rays
2. Size can be measured in _________ if a direct approach to software project sizing is taken:
A. LOC and FP
D. None of the above
3. Which one is true If X is the MTBF of a system and Y is the failure rate of the system?
A. NX = Y, where N is the lifetime
B. X/Y = N, where N is the lifetime
C. X * Y = 1
D. X = Y
4. __________ of the following is not one of the five information domain characteristics of Function Point(FP) decomposition?
A. External process
B. External inquiries
C. External inputs
D. External outputs
5. Fault tolerance do not require _________ property:
A. Dynamic Recovery
B. Fail Safe
C. Fault Containments
D. Fault Isolation
6. The project planner must reconcile the estimates based on decomposition techniques to produce a single estimate of effort. True or false?
A. Partially true
B. Partially false
7. __________ operating system architecture is suitable for FT based systems:
A. C – Real-Time Kernel
B. A – Monolithic Kernel
C. B – MicroKernel
D. D – All of the above
8. What is the common mechanism used to find latent failure in memory modules?
9. __________ availability criteria is optimal for carrier-grade class systems?
A. 10 minutes of downtime per year
B. 10 seconds of downtime per year
C. 40 seconds of downtime per year
D. 40 minutes of downtime per year
10. The sizing approach is represented as _________ if an Indirect approach is taken:
A. Fuzzy Logic
B. LOC and FP
11. ________ forms exist of Barry Boehm’s COCOMO Model?
D. No form exists
12. To characterize __________, MTTR is the best way:
B. Fault Tolerance