Last modified on May 27th, 2019
Power Electronics MCQs Quizlet (Bank of Solved Questions Answers)
1. What typical of the value of SCR for modern alternator ____________.
2. Input voltage 110 V and output voltage 150 V of a step up the chopper, the value of duty cycle is
3. During the forward blocking mode of a thyristor the _______
A. junction J3 is in forwarding bias and J1, J2 is in reverse bias
B. junction J2 is in reverse bias and J1, J3 is in forwarding bias
C. Junction J1 and J2 is in forwarding bias and J3 is in reverse bias
D. Junction J1, J3 is in reverse bias and J2 is in forwarding bias
4. Which of the following devices does not belong to the transistor family?
5. What is the power transistor is_____
A. three layer, three junction device
B. two layer, one junction device
C. three layer, two junction device
D. four layer, three junction device
6. In a power transistor, ____ what is the controlled parameter is.
7. A power transistor is a device, which is…
A. two-terminal, bipolar, voltage controlled
B. three terminal, bipolar, current controlled
C. three terminal, unipolar, voltage controlled
D. two terminal, unipolar, current controlled
8. The power transistors the IB vs VBE curve is…
A. resembling the diode curve
B. an exponentially decaying curve
C. a parabolic curve
D. a straight line Y = IB
9. When the forward current gain α is given by ________
10. When the power loss in which of the following cases would be the maximum when?
A. both V & I are minimum
B. only V is maximum
C. both V & I are maximum
D. only I is maximum
11. When an AC-DC converter, a diode might be used as ________.
A. a freewheeling Diode
B. a filter
C. a voltage source
D. a phase angle controller
12. The p-n junction diode is forward biased when the width of the depletion region is ____
A. remains Constant
D. first increases than Decreases