Biology Past Papers
- Zoology Paper
- Zoology Paper
- Invertebrate Diversity Past Papers
- Chordate Diversity Past Papers & MCQs
- Basics of Human Anatomy Past Papers
- Human Biology Past Papers
- Animal Physiology Past Papers
- Palynology Past Papers
- Gene Cloning Past Papers
- Psycho-Pathology Past Papers
- Animal Behavior Past Papers
- Bacteriology Past Papers
- Economic Zoology Past Papers
- Past Papers Botany
- Botany 1 Past Papers
- Biology 2 Past Papers
- Biology Past Papers
- Past Papers Plant Systematic Anatomy & Development Theory
- Plant Physiology and Ecology Past Papers
- Plant Tissue Culture Past Papers
- Plant Anatomy Past Papers
- Higher Fungi Past Papers
- Plant Nutrition and Soil Fertility
- Palaeontology Past Papers
- Biological Basis of Behavior Past Papers
- Environmental Microbiology Past Papers
- Applied Microbiology Past Papers
- Developmental Psychopathology Past Papers
- Clinical Sociology Past Papers
- Clinical Psychology Past Papers
- General Microbiology Past Papers
- Biodegradation and Bioremediation Past Papers
- Biological Techniques Past Papers
- Evolution Past Papers
- Anatomy – IV Universities Past Papers
- Anatomy – III Past Papers
- Anatomy – III Past Papers 2
- Anatomy – II Past Past Papers
- Anatomy 1 Past Papers
- Anatomy 1 Previous Papers
- Anatomy 1 Universities Past Papers
- Physiology Past Papers
- Past Papers Bacterial Genetics
- Communication Skills past papers
- Past Papers Bio Mechanics
- Past Papers Biochemistry
- Past Papers Biochemistry Genetics
- Past Papers Biomechanics Ergonomics
- Past Papers Biostatistics
- Past Papers Cell Biology
- Cell Biology, Genetics and Evolution Past Papers
- Past Papers Chemical Plant Design
- Past Papers Chemical Process Heat Transfer
- Past Papers Clinical Bacteriology
- Past Papers Communicable Non-Communicable Disease Control
- Clinical Pathology past papers
- Past Papers Clinical Microbiology
- Fresh Water Microbiology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Diagnostic Virology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Adobe Illustrator interview Viva Questions
- Environmental Biotechnology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Exercise Physiology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Food Microbiology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Gen Immunology Past Papers Exam Questions
- General Virology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Genetic Engineering Past Papers Exam Questions
- Gerontology Past Papers Exam Questions
- Basic Epidemiology & Biostatistics Past Papers
- Bio-Safety and Risk Management Important Past Papers
- Behavior Neuro Sciences Past Papers
- Bio-Chemical Engineering Past Papers
- Biochemistry & Genetics Past Papers
- Calculus for Life Science Past Papers
- Biomechanics Past Papers
- Past Papers Biology 1
- Human Physiology past papers
- Environmental Biology Past Papers
- Environmental Education Past Papers
- Evolutionary Trends in Tracheophyta Past papers
- Cell and Molecular Biology Past Papers
- Microbial and Molecular Genetics Past Papers
- Molecular Genetics Past Papers
- Important questions for Class 10th Biology
- Wildlife Past Papers
Time Allowed: 10 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 10
NOTE: Attempt this Paper on this Question Sheet only. Please encircle the correct option. Division of marks is given in front of each question. This Paper will be collected back after expiry of time limit mentioned above.
Part-I Encircle the right answer, cutting and overwriting is not allowed. (1×10=10)
Pectin is an example of
A) Disaccharides B) Polysaccharides
C) Monosaccharide D) Oligosaccharides
DNA is the carrier of
A) Ribozymes B) Genetic Markers
C) Nuclear Material D) Genetic Message
The protection of an internal environment from the harms of fluctuations is the definition of which of the followings?
A) Osmoregulation B) Excretion
C) Thermoregulation D) Homeostasis
Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) is a complex _________ membrane system.
A) Two dimensional B) Four Dimensional
C) Three Dimensional D) Ten Dimensions
Plants growing in waterlogged soils and aquatic environments contain tissues.
A) Storage parenchyma B) Pseudoparenchyma
C) Aerenchyina D) Chromoptast Parenchyma
A nerve is a _______________.
A) Bundles of axons and dendrites of axons B) collection of neurons
C) Concentration of dendrites and axons D) None of these
Thyroid glands produce waste __________________.
A) Tri-iodothyronine B) T3, T4 and calcitonin
C) Calcitonin D) Tetraiodothyronine
Mitosis is divided into ___________.
A) Interphase B) Karyokinesis
C) Cytokinesis D) Band C
Which of these is incorrectly matched?
A) Protoplast- plant cell engineering B) DNA polymerase- PCR
C) DNA ligase- mapping human chromosomes D) RFLPS-DNA finger printing
Which of the biomass has been increased in area by human activities?
A) Savana B) Grassland
C) Desert D) Coniferous
Time Allowed: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 50
NOTE: ATTEMPT THIS (SUBJECTIVE) ON THE SEPARATE ANSWER SHEET PROVIDED.
Part-II Give short answers of the following:. (2×10=20)
Q#1: What is the Difference between CNS and PNS?
Q#2: What do you know about biodiversity? Also define acid rain”?
Q#3: What is the difference between endangered species and threatened species?
Q#4: Differentiate between dominance and epistasis.
Q#S: Why interphase is defined as a resting phase?
Q#6: What is the function of RNA polymerase in transcription?
Q#7: Define Photoperiod sin and its effects
Q#8: Write down the names of Mower parts with labeled diagram.
Q#9: Write down main differences between auxins and Cytokinins.
Q#10. What is neuron? Draw its structure.
Part-III Give brief answers of the following. (3×10=30)
Q#3: Define Osmoregulation, Describe Osmoregulation in plants as well as in animals.
Q#4. Define specialized plant cells. Also explain significance of secondary growth.
Q#5: Write a note on Hypothalamus and Pituitary Gland.
Q#6: What is a Gene? Also describe haw DNA encodes protein structure’?
Q#7: Why meiosis is called reductional division and what is its significance?