Guess Paper 1:Diagnostic Virology Fall 2020 Past Papers
Time Allowed: 3 hours
Total Marks: 70, Passing Marks (35)
Q.1: Choose the correct one. (14).
Mark the following statements either as True or False.
1) For RT-PCR cDNA first converted into mRNA and then used as a template. (True / False)
2) Continuous cell lines consist of cells that have been immortalized. (True / False)
3) Many viruses are transmitted through the air because air supports viral growth. (True / False)
4) Enveloped viruses are more heat sensitive compared to non-enveloped virus. (True / False)
5) DNA viruses usually replicate inside host cell cytoplasm. (True / False)
7) Visible morphological change produced by virus in infected cells is called cytopathic effect.(True / False)
8) During the acute infection stage of HIV infection, the number of CD4+ T cells starts to decline.
(True / False)
9) Herpes simplex virus-1 usually transmit through sexual contact. (True / False)
10) Neuraminidase and hemagglutinin spikes on the influenza virus aid in attachment and entry into the host cell. (True / False)
11) The SARS coronavirus exhibits large peplomers that aid in attachment to host cells. (True / False)
12) Rotavirus invadesmature enterocytes lining the tips of intestinal villi. (True / False)
13) Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of femaleAedes mosquito infected with adengue virus.
(True / False)
14) There are three serotypes of poliovirus. (True / False)
Q-2: What is diagnostic virology; describe different diagnostic methods for virus detection. (14)
Q-3: Write a note on the physical infrastructure, human resources and biosafety requirements of a virology lab?(14)
Q-4: Write a note on viral sample collection, transportation and processing?(14)
Q-5: Describe general characteristics, pathogenesis and diagnosis of adenovirus?(14)
Q-6: Write a note on different hepatitis viruses, their pathophysiology and diagnosis? (14)
Q-7: Write a detail note on DNA based detection systems for virus diagnosis? (14)
Q-8: Briefly explain
a) Different types of herpes virus(04)
b) Pathogenicity and epidemiology of herpes virus(05)
c) Laboratory diagnosis of herpes virus(05)