Inspection is a formal technique for checking all the documents in different aspects. There is a proper preparation before inspecting all the documents of the software.
What is the main focus of inspection?
The main focus of inspection is following;
- Design inspection
- Unit inspection
- Overall software inspection
How is inspection meeting arranged?
- Leader presents the participants of the inspection.
- Leader presents the roles of the participants.
- All the group checks the checklist of everyone in the meeting for a better inspection.
- Main issues in the checklist are discussed first.
- All reviewers present the contents of their inspection object with a little time.
- There are two main roles. Author of the document and reviewer of the document. If both disagree with each other than all the meeting participants are involved in the decision to evaluate the document of the author.
- At the end of the inspection, the decision is taken to evaluate that what thing is to need to reword and what thing is ok.
Reviewers have a pre-planned checklist. This checklist contains the criteria for checking the different aspects of the software.
What are goals of inspection?
There are many goals of inspection. Some of the goals are as follows.
- To find the unclear things
- To find the possible risks
- To find the possible defects
- To detect the hidden and unseen bugs
- To evaluate the test cases and documents.
- To improve the development process
What is the difference between walkthrough and inspection?
|There is no proper plan.
All meeting members already know their roles.
|Started by the author
|Started by the overall project team
|The author built a record for defects discussed during the meeting.
|Recorder built a record for defects discussed during the meeting.
|The author presents the overall code.
Other team members try to find the defects and give suggestions
|One of the readers presents the product code.
All the team inspects and tries to find the defects.