Last modified on May 27th, 2019
What are Technical Reviews?
In technical review, reviewers review the document with a main focus on the followings;
- Is the document following the Specification or not?
- Is the document following the technical standards and guidelines or not?
Technical review is peer review.
What kind of team members are suitable for technical reviews?
- Technical experts in the team are suitable persons for reviews.
- Mostly technical reviewers are from team members but sometimes an external reviewer can also be hired or outsourced to blindly review the working document.
- The author is mostly not sat with reviewer team because the presence of author can be a cause of business in review results.
What are participants of technical reviews?
To get a decision.
To lead the review team.
To record all the meeting discussions and observations.
To check the document technically.
Author of the working document but the sometime author is absent in meeting to allow the reviewers to blindly review.
To manage all the review meeting from start to end.