Table of Contents
Software prototypes, software engineering, advantages of software prototypes and use.
What are Software prototypes?
A software prototype is a dummy software. When a customer gives us the requirement, we designed the requirements and make a prototype for software.
The prototype gives us the feel of a maximum complete software. In some cases, it represents 100% complete software. But actually, it is not a complete software. It is just a dummy software to represent the software underdeveloped. Let’s see an example of software prototype in this video of FluidUI.
What are the advantages of software prototypes?
- Customers and users are involved in all processes.
- If there is a problem with the software, then the customer tells us that we should change the design of the software. This leads to time-saving.
- Reduced software development effort.
- It helps in clearing the ambiguities in requirements.
- Prototypes improve the;
When to use the Prototype model?
When we give a free end to a customer then he starts to change the software design again and again. Some psycho customers can take too much time to the software team.
When the software needs to have much interaction with the end-users.
For example, the following systems have a high amount of interaction with end-users;
- Web-based applications
- Online systems
Figure: prototyping model
What are the outcomes of the activities of the prototype process?
|Prototype purpose||Prototyping plan|
|Prototype functionality||Outline definition|
|Prototype development||Executable prototype|
|Prototype evaluation||Evaluation report|
Some examples of software prototype tools:
|Tool||Runs on||Prototype for|
|Test Your Understandings|
1. The prototype is a fully developed software? YES / NO
2. The outcome of prototype functionality is ………….?
3. Prototype building only helps in requirement gathering and requirement design instead of software development?
4. Prototypes are designed to reduce customer involvement in all the processes? YES / NO
Similar topics for consideration
Prototyping model in software engineering pdf | throwaway prototyping | incremental prototyping
| evolutionary prototyping | types of prototyping | prototype model pdf | software prototyping methods and tools | spiral model in software engineering.