Table of Contents
Rational Unified Process RUP, Phases of RUP, inception, elaboration, construction, transition, Software Engineering.
What is the Rational Unified Process?
Rational Unified Process is also called RUP. RUP is a process for software development. The inventor of RUP is Rational Software Corporation.
RUP involves 4 phases;
What is the inception phase?
Inception phase involves the following activities;
- Requirements understanding and requirements description
- Maintaining Software Requirement Specification (SRS)
- Understand the business case of the system being developed.
- Describes the scope of the system.
- Describes the goals of the system.
- To identify the following to interact with the systems initially;
- External systems
- To describe the followings initially;
- An estimate of the overall system
- Risk assessment
What is the elaboration phase?
In the elaboration phase, we refine the requirements
It ensures the followings for the construction phase;
- Understanding of high priority risks
- Elimination of high-quality risks.
What is the Construction phase?
- To completely understand and describing the remaining requirements that were miss during inception and elaboration.
- Prepare the design of the system.
- To ensure the successful validation of the customer.
- To optimize the resources.
- To minimize the cost.
- To develop the versions of the system.
What is the Transition phase?
- Delivery of the overall system to the customer.
- Defects findings
- System modifications.
- Product installation
- Product release
|Test Your Understandings|
1.Product release is related to ?
2. Match the columns
|Column A||Column B||Answer|
|1.Inception||A. Develop the Version||1 with|
|2.Elaboration||B. Guidelines for development||2 with|
|3.Construction||C. System modifications||3 with|
|4.Transition||D. collects the initial basic requirements||4 with|