Last modified on January 27th, 2021
Let’s discuss Rational Unified Process in Software Engineering with the phases of RUP. There are four main phases of RUP;
What is the Rational Unified Process?
Rational Unified Process is also called RUP. RUP is a process for software development. The inventor of RUP is Rational Software Corporation.
RUP involves 4 phases;
What is the inception phase?
Inception phase involves the following activities;
- Requirements understanding and requirements description
- Maintaining Software Requirement Specification (SRS)
- Understand the business case of the system being developed.
- Describes the scope of the system.
- Describes the goals of the system.
- To identify the following to interact with the systems initially;
- External systems
- To describe the followings initially;
- An estimate of the overall system
- Risk assessment
What is the elaboration phase?
In the elaboration phase, we refine the requirements
It ensures the followings for the construction phase;
- Understanding of high priority risks
- Elimination of high-quality risks.
What is the Construction phase?
- To completely understand and describing the remaining requirements that were miss during inception and elaboration.
- Prepare the design of the system.
- To ensure the successful validation of the customer.
- To optimize the resources.
- To minimize the cost.
- To develop the versions of the system.
What is the Transition phase?
- Delivery of the overall system to the customer.
- Defects findings
- System modifications.
- Product installation
- Product release
What are the six best practices of rational unified process?
- Manage requirements.
- Develop iteratively.
- Model visually.
- Continuously verify quality.
- Use component architectures.
- Manage change.
Is Rational Unified Process Agile methodology?
Agile Unified Process (AUP) is considered as a simplified version of the Rational Unified Process (RUP.
|Test Your Understandings|
1.Product release is related to ?
2. Match the columns
|Column A||Column B||Answer|
|1.Inception||A. Develop the Version||1 with|
|2.Elaboration||B. Guidelines for development||2 with|
|3.Construction||C. System modifications||3 with|
|4.Transition||D. collects the initial basic requirements||4 with|
- How Students Can Pick a Good Custom-Paper Writing Service? - March 5, 2021
- List of Public service commissions - August 31, 2020
- Comparison of fee structure of Pakistani Universities - June 1, 2020