What is software reuse?
Software reuse is a term used for developing the software by using the existing software components. Some of the components that can be reuse are as follows;
- Source code
- Design and interfaces
- User manuals
- Software Documentation
- Software requirement specifications and many more.
What are advantages of software reuse?
- Less effort
- Reduce cost
- Less reuse
- Increase software productivity
- Utilize fewer resources
- Leads to a better quality software.
What are Commercial-off-the-shelf and Commercial-off-the-shelf components?
Commercial-off-the-shelf is ready-made software. Commercial-off-the-shelf software components are ready-made components that can be reused for a new software.
What is reuse software engineering?
Reuse software engineering is based on guidelines and principles for reusing the existing software.[quads id=2]
What are stages of reuse-oriented software engineering?
- Requirement specification:
- First of all, specify the requirements. This will help to decide that we have some existing software components for the development of software or not.
- Component analysis
- Helps to decide that which component can be reused where.
- Requirement updations / modifications.
- If the requirements are changed by the customer, then still existing components are helpful for reuse or not.
- Reuse System design
- If the requirements are changed by the customer, then still existing system designs are helpful for reuse or not.
- Existing components are matching with new software or not.
- Can we integrate the new systems with existing components?
- System validation
- To validate the system that it can be accepted by the customer or not.