Last modified on April 23rd, 2020
What is cross sectional research?
In cross sectional research, researchers observe the specific point at the same time.
What are examples of cross sectional research?
- Observation of different computer parts to measure the computer speed changing rate(as represented in figure1).
What are advantages of cross sectional research?
- Less costly
- Less time consuming
- Can prove and disprove assumptions and theories
- Can be exploratory, descriptive, or explanatory
- Consistent with a descriptive approach to research
What are the disadvantages of cross-sectional research?
- Cannot capture the changing processes
- It does not help to determine the cause and their effects.
You must also know the following topics
cross-sectional and longitudinal research pdf | longitudinal study advantages and disadvantages | longitudinal study child development | longitudinal study vs cross-sectional study | longitudinal cohort study | cross-sectional research | famous longitudinal studies | cross-sectional study psychology