What is cross sectional research?
In cross sectional research, researchers observe the specific point at the same time.
What are examples of cross sectional research?
- Observation of different computer parts to measure the computer speed changing rate(as represented in figure1).
What are advantages of cross sectional research?
- Less costly
- Less time consuming
- Can prove and disprove assumptions and theories
- Can be exploratory, descriptive, or explanatory
- Consistent with a descriptive approach to research
What are disadvantages of cross sectional research?
- Cannot capture the changing processes
- Does not help to determine the cause and their effects.