What is cross sectional research?
In cross sectional research, researchers observe the specific point at the same time.
What are examples of cross sectional research?
- Observation of different computer parts to measure the computer speed changing rate(as represented in figure1).
What are advantages of cross sectional research?
- Less costly
- Less time consuming
- Can prove and disprove assumptions and theories
- Can be exploratory, descriptive, or explanatory
- Consistent with a descriptive approach to research
What are the disadvantages of cross-sectional research?
- Cannot capture the changing processes
- It does not help to determine the cause and their effects.
You must also know the following topics
cross-sectional and longitudinal research pdf | longitudinal study advantages and disadvantages | longitudinal study child development | longitudinal study vs cross-sectional study | longitudinal cohort study | cross-sectional research | famous longitudinal studies | cross-sectional study psychology