What are the variables?
The variable is some kind of concept that varies from time to time.
How many kinds of concepts?
There are two types of concepts:
- Concepts mostly have variation in quantity. e.g;
- Amount of skills in programming
- Height of a baby (it will increase)
- Concepts refer to a fixed phenomenon. e.g;
- Width and height of a building (it will fix)
How concepts can be measured?
Concepts can be measured with the help of variables. Variables can take two or more values and these values vary from time to time.
Give an example of variables?
- Profit of sale is a variable and profit can have many values. Everyday value of profit variable is changed for a shop keeper.
- Marital status is a variable and its values vary from time to time. A lady can be single, married or divorced.
You must also know the following topics
Variables in research | define the concept and construct in research | difference between construct and variable in research methodology | types of variables in research | types of concepts in research | variables in social research | identifying variables in research | variables in educational research.