Last modified on January 22nd, 2020
What is research?
Any kind of scientific investigation or scholarly investigation is called research. The basic purpose of the research is to find the answers to unknown problems and questions.
Successful research always contributes to the existing literature.
What is the difference between discovery and invention?
What is discovery?
Discovery is a result of research to find the existing things but you are the first one to discover those things.
What are the examples of discovery?
Biologists discover any disease or treatment
Chemists discover the chemical reaction between water and salt
Psychologist discovers the reasons for changing behavior for adults.
What is an invention?
The invention is a result of research to find the new things that are not existing before but you are the first one to invent those things.
What are the examples of invention?
Computer scientists invent some new algorithms.
Engineers invent Television
What is the purpose of the research?
- Reviewing and synthesizing the existing knowledge
- Investigating some existing problem
- Investigating some something new
- Provide solutions to a problem
- Exploring and analyzing the general issues
- Explaining a phenomenon
- Denying a phenomenon
- Constructing a new procedure
- Constructing a new system
- Enhancing the existing knowledge etc
- All of these together or partially together or some other kind of purpose can be possible for research.