Last modified on April 23rd, 2020
What are the independent and dependent variables?
The independent variable is a variable that does not depends on another variable. But some other variable can depend on independent variables called dependent variables.
The independent variable focus is on causal relations and mostly it begins with an effect. After finding the effects researchers search for its causes.
What are the examples of independent and dependent variables?
- The amount of temperature affects the health of a person. Suppose; Variable 1: Amount of temperature and Variable 2: Health of a personNow, suppose it is a hot summer, if the amount of temperature is increased to a specific amount then the health of a person can be in danger. So, we can say that;
- Variable 1 is an independent variable
- Variable 2 is the dependent variable
- The total amount of cold drinks taken is an independent variable but belly fat is a dependent variable because belly fat depends on cold drink taken.
- Marks of a student is independent variable but result of student depends on marks so result is dependent variable.
- The total time of listening to a radio is an independent variable but wastage of time is a variable that depends on the total time of listening to a radio.
Research starts with independent or dependent variables?
Most of the time research is starts with the independent variable and then we work for depending variables to get details to focus on the cause of the problem. However sometimes research can also be initiated by dependent variables.
How to find which variable is independent or dependent variables?
We can change the values of one variable and can observe the effects on another variable. If the value in the second variable is changed then it means that the first variable is an independent variable.
You must also know the following topics
Dependent and independent variables in research methodology pdf | independent and dependent variables math | dependent and independent variables in economics | independent variable in research
| independent variable psychology | independent variable definition | examples of independent and dependent variables in research studies | independent variable biology| independent variable Computer Science| independent variable Software Engineering.