What is data skewness?
When most of the values are skewed to the left or right side from the median, then the data is called skewed.
Data can be in any of the following shapes;
- Symmetric: Mean, median and mode are at the same point.
- Positively skewed: When most of the values are to the left from the median.
- Negatively skewed: When most of the values are to the right from the median.
Next Tutorials with Similar Topics
- Type of Data that can be mined – Click Here
- Attributes Types – Click Here
- Mean, Median, Mode – Click Here
- Estimated Mean, Median, Mode – Click Here
- Data Quartiles – Click Here
- Box Plot for Data – Click Here
- Data skewness – Click Here
- Correlation analysis of numerical data in Data Mining – Click Here
- Correlation analysis of Nominal data with Chi-Square Test in Data Mining – Click Here
- Data discretization and its techniques in data mining – Click Here