Data discretization converts a large number of data values into smaller once, so that data evaluation and data management becomes very easy.
we have an attribute age with the following values.
|Age||10,11,13,14,17,19,30, 31, 32, 38, 40, 42,70 , 72, 73, 75|
Table: Before discretization
|Age||10,11,13,14,17,19, 30, 31, 32, 38, 40, 42, 70 , 72, 73, 75|
|Young Mature Old|
Table: How to discretization
|Age||Young Mature Old|
Table: After discretization
Another example is the Website visitor’s data. As seen in the figure below, data is discretized into the countries.
What are some famous techniques of data discretization?
- Histogram analysis
- Correlation analysis
- Clustering analysis
- Decision tree analysis
- Equal width partitioning
- Equal depth partitioning
Important topics to know:
- Data discretization in data mining tutorial
- data discretization slides
- discretization and binarization in data mining
- discretization example
- data discretization definition
- data discretization in data preprocessing
- data discretization in data mining pdf
- data discretization in data mining ppt