Computer Architecture MCQs for Entry Test Preparation
1. What does MFC stand for?
A. Memory Find Command
B. Mass Format Command
C. Memory Format Caches
D. Memory Function Complete
2. Pipeline implements _________:
A. Decode instruction
B. Fetch operand
C. Fetch instruction
D. All of these
3. What is the time delay between two successive initiations of memory operation called?
A. Memory cycle time
B. Instruction delay
C. Memory access time
D. Memory search time
4. _________ is used in present-day computing was developed by IBM Corporation:
A. Baudot code
B. EBCDIC code
C. ASCII code
D. Hollerith code
5. Where does the decoded instruction is stored in?
6. The address of the instruction following the CALL instructions stored in/on the:
A. Program counter
C. Stack Pointer
7. What does the instruction -> Add LOCA, R0 does?
A. Adds the values of both LOCA and R0 and stores it in R0
B. Adds the value of LOCA with a value in accumulator and stores it in R0
C. Adds the value of LOCA to R0 and stores in the temp register
D. Adds the value of R0 to the address of LOCA
8. What is a microprogram called that is written as the string of 0’s and 1’s?
A. Symbolic microprogram
B. Symbolic microinstruction
C. Binary microinstruction
D. Binary microprogram
9. _______ registers can interact with the secondary storage:
10. Which interrupts can be initiated by an instruction?
11. Which gets initialized first during the execution of a program?
12. In RISC architecture, memory access is limited to instructions:
A. MOV and JMP
B. STA and LDA
C. PUSH and POP
D. CALL and RET