Table of Contents
Computer Architecture Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the control unit generate to control other units?
A. Transfer signals
B. Command Signals
C. Control signals
D. Timing signals
2. _________ is the branch logic that provides decision-making capabilities in the control unit:
A. Unconditional transfer
B. Controlled transfer
C. Conditional transfer
D. None of these
3. What are encoded characters & numbers used as operands?
A. Stored Values
4. Any instruction initiates interrupt which are:
5. When does the input devices send information to the processor?
A. When the data arrives regardless of the SIN flag
B. When the SIN status flag is set
C. Either of the cases
D. Neither of the cases
6. What do processors of all computers must have?
A. Control unit
C. Primary Storage
D. All of these
7. Which of the following bus structure is used to connect I/O devices?
A. Star bus
C. Single bus
D. Multiple bus
8. In the CPU, what is the functionality of the control unit?
A. To decode program instruction
B. To perform logic operations
C. To store program instruction
D. To transfer data to primary storage
9. With the help of _______ we reduce the memory access time:
D. Higher capacity RAMs
10. What is a dedicated computer?
A. Which does one kind of software
B. Which is meant for application software only
C. Which is used by one person only
D. Which is assigned to one and only one task
11. What is used to increase the apparent size of physical memory?
C. Virtual memory
D. Secondary memory
12. The most common addressing techniques employed by a CPU is:
D. All of these