Last modified on February 11th, 2020
Intelligent Personal Assistant Project in Android Studio
Android Mobile Application
Android Based Personal Assistant which performs Different Tasks based on the user input. The user input type can be text or Speech.
For this project only 3 basic tasks are required:
- Call someone
- Text Someone
- Calculate something and show the result
Although you can use google’s API which will do speech recognition which works in offline mode as well. Otherwise, if speech Recognition requires the internet then in offline mode app should be able to recognize text successfully and perform basic tasks that do not require any internet connection.
The system should be able to process the sentences and understand the task from the sentence provided.
At the initial stage add at least 50 common sentences to perform the basic tasks.
Users can also train the system with new sentences. All the data will be stored in a centralized database (Firebase Recommended).
- If a sentence does not exist in the local database of the application user can add it to local DB and later click the sync button to sync with the server.
- Clicking sync button will not only push new sentences of application but also fetch other newly added sentences of other users.
- For example, the system can understand the following sentence:
“Call brother” this sentence is stored in the local database of the app, now user wants the system to understand “call bro” which eventually means “call brother” now the user can put the sentence in the local DB and sync with server to add the sentence in the server (Firebase Database).
Requirements Not Necessary But Appreciated:
- Add Web search capabilities inside the app (use web view inside the app).
- Use the Firebase database rather than other Technologies.
- Use libraries from Github or AndroidArsenal
- Use Git as version control for the project.
Java/Kotlin, Xml, FireBase database, Android Studio/Eclipse.