Last modified on November 5th, 2020
Important MCQs of DLD
1. Why we use demultiplexer?
A. Route the data from a single input to one of many outputs
B. Select data from several inputs and route it to a single output
C. Perform serial to parallel conversion
D. Both a and b
2. Which is an example of synchronous inputs?
A. Preset input (PRE)
B. EN input
C. J-K input
D. Clear Input (CLR)
3. Which one is the Second step of making transition table?
A. determining feedback loop
B. designating output of loops
C. deriving functions of Y
4. We can be imagined that an or gate is look like ____________
A. Switches connected in parallel
B. Switches connected in series
C. MOS transistors connected in series
D. None of these
5. The change from a current state to the next state is determined by
A. Previous state and outputs
B. Current state and outputs
C. Current state and the inputs
D. Previous state and inputs
6. Each gate take time for delay ______________
A. 2 to 10 ns
B. 3 to 10 ns
C. 1 to 5 ns
D. 3 to 5 ns
7. In Which combination of gates the arbitrary Boolean function is not possible?
A. OR gates and exclusive OR gate only
B. NAND gates only
C. OR gates and NOT gates only
D. OR gates and AND gates only
8. Which one of the following is used to simplify the circuit that determines the next state?
A. State diagram
B. State assignment
C. State reduction
D. Next state table
9. When both inputs are ____________ then NAND latch works.
D. don’t cares
10.____________adders are needed to construct an m-bit parallel adder.
11. ________________ is converted by a multiplexer with a register circuit.
A. Serial data to serial
B. Serial data to parallel
C. Parallel data to serial
D. Parallel data to parallel
12. changing in input more than one state is called _______________
A. undefined condition
B. ideal condition
C. reset condition
D. race condition
Select the function of a multiplexer
A. to perform serial to parallel conversion
B. to decode information
C. to transit data on N lines
D. Multiplexer is used to select 1 out of N input data sources and to transmit it to a single channel
Answer D. The multiplexer is used to select 1 out of N input data sources and to transmit it to a single channel
Select the combinational logic circuit which produces a specific binary word or number is
Answer C. Decoder
Select from the following which circuit can be used as parallel to serial converter ?
D. Digital counter
Answer C. Multiplexer
Select the work of Shift registers from the following?
(C)both a and b
Answer: c. both a and b
The 7 segment produce output
(A). a to g
(B). a to f
(D). a to b
(D). a to z
Answer: a. a to g
Select the BCD to 7 segment
Answer: c. decoder
Select the universal gate
Answer: a. NAND
Select the one operation that is not given by magnitude comparator
Answer: b. addition
Enable input of the shift register is commonly called?
Answer: b. strobe
More MCQs of Digital Logic Design (DLD)
- SET 1: DLD MCQs with answers (dld mcqs with answers)
- SET 2: DLD MCQs (dld basic mcqs)
- SET 3: DLD MCQs (solved mcqs of dld)
- SET 4: DLD MCQs (dld repeated mcqs)
- SET 5: DLD MCQs (dld importan mcqs)
- SET 6:DLD MCQs DLD Solved MCQs Answers PDF