Digital Wall Clock with Temperature Sensor using Arduino Kit Android Project – SRS Document.
Project Domain / Category:
Digital Logic Designing / Embedded System Programming
Abstract / Introduction:
A digital clock is a type of clock that displays the time digitally (i.e. in numerals or other symbols), as opposed to an analog clock. To represent the time, most digital clocks use 7-segment displays.
As the name indicates, each 7-segment display consists of seven LEDs (segment). Each segment is independent and when illuminated as a group with other 7-segment displays, forms part of a numerical digit (both Decimal and Hex) to be displayed.
In this project, we are going to design a digital wall clock using 7-segment displays to represent time as well as the room temperature.
However, to display the digit, we will be designing each of the 7-segment display my own instead of taking the industry manufactured 7-segment displays
- The clock will display the current time in HH: MM AM/PM format.
- The clock must be able to display time in any format (12-hour or 24-hour format). To change the displayed time format, a toggle button will be used.
- The clock will display the room temperature in either Celsius (⁰c) and Fahrenheit (⁰F) scale. To change the temperature display format, a toggle button will be used.
- The clock will be equipped with a numeric keypad and control buttons to allow the user to change/update time.
- This will be a DC-powered digital wall clock which will be operated using a rechargeable battery and a DC charger.
Tools and Equipment:
- Any Microcontrollers OR Arduino kit
- C/C++ Programming Language
- Assembly Language
- Circuit Designing Software’s (OrCAD Spice, Workbench)
- Keil Embedded Development Kit
- Microcontroller Burner Kit
- Circuit Components (LEDs, Resistors, Capacitors, oscillators, etc.)
- Temperature Sensor
- Rechargeable battery, Charging adapter
- This project requires deep knowledge related to Digital Logic Designing, Circuit theory, and Microcontroller programming. Without these skills, you will not be able to complete this project successfully.
- The project must be provided in the presentable form.
- The project must be designed by the student himself/herself.
- In case of any customization desired by the user in the project, the student must consult the supervisor first to seek permission.