Digital Wall Clock with Temperature Sensor using Arduino Kit Android Project – SRS Document.
Project Domain / Category:
Digital Logic Designing / Embedded System Programming
Abstract / Introduction:
A digital clock is a type of clock that displays the time digitally (i.e. in numerals or other symbols), as opposed to an analog clock. To represent the time, most digital clocks use 7-segment displays.
As the name indicates, each 7-segment display consists of seven LEDs (segment). Each segment is independent and when illuminated as a group with other 7-segment displays, forms part of a numerical digit (both Decimal and Hex) to be displayed.
In this project, we are going to design a digital wall clock using 7-segment displays to represent time as well as the room temperature.
However, to display the digit, we will be designing each of the 7-segment display my own instead of taking the industry manufactured 7-segment displays
- The clock will display the current time in HH: MM AM/PM format.
- The clock must be able to display time in any format (12-hour or 24-hour format). To change the displayed time format, a toggle button will be used.
- The clock will display the room temperature in either Celsius (⁰c) and Fahrenheit (⁰F) scale. To change the temperature display format, a toggle button will be used.
- The clock will be equipped with a numeric keypad and control buttons to allow the user to change/update time.
- This will be a DC-powered digital wall clock which will be operated using a rechargeable battery and a DC charger.
Tools and Equipment:
- Any Microcontrollers OR Arduino kit
- C/C++ Programming Language
- Assembly Language
- Circuit Designing Software’s (OrCAD Spice, Workbench)
- Keil Embedded Development Kit
- Microcontroller Burner Kit
- Circuit Components (LEDs, Resistors, Capacitors, oscillators, etc.)
- Temperature Sensor
- Rechargeable battery, Charging adapter
- This project requires deep knowledge related to Digital Logic Designing, Circuit theory, and Microcontroller programming. Without these skills, you will not be able to complete this project successfully.
- The project must be provided in the presentable form.
- The project must be designed by the student himself/herself.
- In case of any customization desired by the user in the project, the student must consult the supervisor first to seek permission.
You can use any of the following PHP Frameworks For developing this Web Development Project
3. Fat-Free Framework
5. Laminas Project