Last modified on February 10th, 2020
Car information System using Android and Arduino final year Project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Project Domain / Category
Digital Logic Design & Mobile Application
Abstract / Introduction
The most car manufactured in Pakistan do not have OBDII or ODBI port, which is used to diagnose the car or get the real-time information like engine temperature, voltage, coolant temperature etc.
In this project students will be required to access the car’s data like engine temperature, coolant temperature, in cabin temperature, outside temperature etc, using various sensors, Android phone, and Arduino. Information gathered using the sensors will be utilized.
Note that students will not use ODBII port or device to get the information from the car instead they will deploy their own sensors. All the information gathered will be displayed using a small screen in the car, and this information will be sent to the Android mobile phone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
The project will comprise two parts hardware and software part. In hardware interfacing, the part student will write the code for Arduino and set up the sensors, board, and screen. For specific purposes, students will use the specific sensor. For software, the part student will write an application for android phone.
The student will be required to work on these parts simultaneously. You are not required to implement it on a real car. You can just use a model of a car with specific sensors.
- A fully functional Android application capable of communicating with Arduino (Via Bluetooth)
- The application will show current values related to a car, Engine temperature, Coolant temperature, in a cabin outside temperature and voltage.
- The application will maintain the daily log of these values.
- Reports on Engine temperature, Coolant temperature, in a cabin outside temperature and voltage. The user will be able to view the reports on various dates.
- Arduino board setup along with code to control the door locks and lights.
- Relay modules properly setup.
- LCD to display current status in car
- Students will buy his/her own hardware.
- Students will not implement it on a real car; instead, they can use a model of car made of paper/hardboard etc,
- C code will be used for Arduino and Java for the mobile application.
Android Studio, NetBeans IDE, JDK, Arduino IDE