Designing and Development of Online Furniture Store Project in ASP.NET or PHP.
Project Domain / Category
This project is an online furniture shop that allows users to check for different furniture(s) available at the online store and then purchase online. The project provides a list of furniture products displayed online in various models and designs.
The user may browse through these products as per categories. If the user likes furniture, he/she may add it to his shopping cart. Keeping the features of an e-commerce site, an online furniture store software project acts as a central database containing various furniture(s) in stock along with their price and design. It provides customers with online furniture(s) shopping facilities from their homes.
A customer can sign up for free, log in to his / her account can browse furniture of his / her own interest, and can view prices and other details of selected furniture, place furniture into the shopping cart and can select from payment options.
The user needs to register on the site before checking out so that he/she can log in using the same ID Password next time. The user can select any payment option that he/she wish to, like through credit/debit card or cash on delivery.
This website project will be developed using ASP.NET as the front end and SQL Server as a back-end. The SQL database will store information about the furniture(s) and other details.
At checkout time, the items in the shopping cart will be presented as an order to the customer. At that time, more information will be needed to complete the transaction. Usually, the customer will be asked to fill a form containing information about shipping address and other details, and payment information such as credit card number etc. An email notification will also be sent to the customer as soon as the order is placed.
- The system shall provide a convenient interface for User Registration, Furniture Search and Payment.
- A guest user can only view furniture. For any kind of shopping, he/she must have to register.
- The system shall be capable to generate invoice bill and the Customer shall be able to pay it online.
- The system shall provide a Password Recovery facility through customer email id.
- The system shall provide different options for sales (10%, 15%, and 20%) on various furniture items.
- If an item is not available (out of stock), and a customer selects it, he/she should be shown a message that this item is out of stock. Managing your database efficiently is required for this task.
- The customer shall be able to trace his / her order later on. The administrator shall also be able to trace any order easily.
- The search interface shall be convenient to search for any furniture item.
- Every order shall be allocated a unique identifier (ORDER_ID) which the user shall be able to copy to the account’s permanent storage area.
- Both admin and customer shall have different views. i.e. Administrator View and User View.
- The customer shall be able to get notifications on his / her email id.
Tools: .NET Technologies, C#, SQL Server, CSS, IIS