Code and documentation of Online National Crime Repository Project in PHP
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
There is a lack of coordination between public, law enforcement agencies and intelligence agencies due to which either most of the crimes remain unreported or the culprits get acquitted due to lack of evidence. Therefore, a web-based system “Online National Crime Repository” is proposed with the aim to decrease the lack of coordination between the mentioned agencies and reduce the crime rate resultantly. Records Manager can manage the criminal records in the system and declare an area as red zone based on crime rate. The registered Law Enforcement Agencies personnel can check the criminal records. The system will provide crime trends with respect to kind of crimes and areas. General user can check crime trends provided by the system.
There will be four types of users of this application.
- Administrator (Admin)
- Records Manager
- Law Enforcement Agencies Personnel
- General User
Here is a list of functional requirements:
- Administrator (Admin) can manage (create, update, delete and approve/reject) all the users of the web application.
- Record manager can create an account in the system which will be approved by the Administrator (Admin).
- There can be multiple Record Managers (at least one per district) in the system.
- Registered record manager can manage (create, update and delete) criminal’s record.
- Registered records manager can declare an area as red zone based on crime rate.
- General User can check which areas have high crime rate and which crime is being committed the most and these details will be provided by the system.
- The personnel of Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) can create their account which will be approved by the approved by admin.
- The personnel of Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) can check the record of a certain criminal.
- System can provide crime trends with respect to areas and kind of crimes.
- There will be “Contact us” module for complaints and suggestions.
- These are basic requirements of the application. Students may add further functionalities to make the application more useful.
- Virtual University of Pakistan (VU) will not provide any kind of hardware for this project; student has to arrange the required hardware by himself/herself.
- VU will not pay for any license of the software, the libraries /toolkits/APIs used in this project.
Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, Asp.net; No other programming language is allowed.
Class diagram, activity diagram, data flow diagram, sequence diagram, use case diagram, testing test cases, SRS, Design, Test phase, and final deliverable., and others are needed to draw for this project.
You can use any of the following PHP Frameworks For developing this Web Development Project
3. Fat-Free Framework
5. Laminas Project