Last modified on May 27th, 2019
Intelligent Network Security Controller (INSC) project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Project Domain / Category
Network Security / Linux Programming
Abstract / Introduction
Users of an organization or a department in an organization may have some common network security requirements. There may be some common, known or intended resources to be accessed by employees to ensure the day to day operational duties are being carried out without interruption. This project will require implementation of a reputation database that can be updated by a security administrator or user behavior that is used to permit, deny or redirect user traffic dynamically on a network.
Following are functional requirements of this project
- Virtual Machine to running Linux with 2+ Interfaces
- Design and Develop necessary Reputation Databases (1- Persistent, 2 Memory Resident). Persistent may be a MySQL database. Memory resident database could be a simple hash table). On reload applicable rules shall be copied to memory resident database, active changes or learned changes shall be stored first in  than in 
- Develop a Linux Application (INSC) to manipulate the IP Tables on Linux as per the reputation Database.
- INSC must redirect the user to the web an interface that will require the user to explicitly confirm his required access along with some validation information.
- Both  and  should be configurable in a web interface.
C/C++ , Linux , IPtables , Virtulbox , Web Development PHP/ASP/CGI
- How to write a resume for a job search: Tips for applicants - May 11, 2021
- The Best Tool to Test the Speed of Your Internet - May 5, 2021
- Why do we need various number systems in computer science? - April 16, 2021