What is five state process model?
This process model contains five states that are involved in the life cycle of a process.
- Blocked / Waiting
- New: When a new process is created, then this new process is in the new state.
- Ready: All those processes that are loaded on RAM and waiting for CPU are in ready state.
- Running: All processes that are running on the CPU are in running state.
- Blocked: All processes that leave the CPU and move to the waiting state are in the blocked state. When CPU becomes free, processes from blocked state again move to the ready state, and from ready to Running state.
- Exit / Terminated: A process that is terminated from CPU and RAM is in exit state.