Last modified on April 29th, 2021
Code and documentation of Design and Development of an Online Hospital Management System Portal Project in PHP
Project Domain / Category
A hospital management system consists of a comprehensive information system that lets healthcare professionals function more efficiently and contains necessary tools to assist them in job fulfilment of their duties.
This historic institution has since emerged as a major player in hospital management and has remained one, further developing and merging with emerging technology and constantly increasing its ability. Hospital administration can require identification of patients, maintaining their information in the system, as well as the use of computers to bill and to examine, store and process. Although the design may seem complex at first, HMS sites are fundamentally simple database-driven websites.
There will be two interfaces in this web-site: a user / patient interface and an admin interface.
On user interface a user will be required to register before he /she can make an appointment with the doctor or see his / her medical record.
On admin Interface login is required to maintain patient’s information. And make an appointment with the patient.
This web-site portal will be developed using ASP.NET / PHP as the front end and SQL Server / MYSQL as a back-end. The database will store all information about the doctors and patient’s medical records such as appointment information, billing information, prescriptions, staff, rooms, discharge summary etc.
- The system shall provide easy and user-friendly interface for User Registration, Login and Search.
- The system should be capable to send reminders to the patients by keeping an eye on the appointment dates.
- The database should be able to store images of the lab report or prescriptions.
- The system should be able to maintain the medical records of the patient.
- The system should be able to maintain the contact details of the patient for future correspondence.
- The database should be well tuned and it should be responsive.
- A guest user can only see the details of available facilities which are being provided by the hospital online.
- The system should keep track of all rooms and it’s staff also.
- The system should save the insurance information for later reference.
- The system should be able to track the bill payments also.
- Admin should be able to view details of each user and approve or disapprove the user’s register request.
- The system shall provide Password Recovery facility through patient email id.
- The system shall have both Admin and User views. i.e. Administrator View and User View.
- Registered users shall be able to get reminders from the system regarding their visit to the doctor according to the appointment date.
Tools: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, PHP, MYSQL
Class diagram, activity diagram, data flow diagram, sequence diagram, use case diagram, Use case description, scope, hard requirements, non-functional requirements, testing test cases, SRS document, design manual, and other diagrams are needed to draw for this project.
- How to write a resume for a job search: Tips for applicants - May 11, 2021
- The Best Tool to Test the Speed of Your Internet - May 5, 2021
- Why do we need various number systems in computer science? - April 16, 2021