Last modified on May 1st, 2021
Code and documentation of Voice-Activated Home Automation using Arduino Project
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
In the modern world IoT plays a crucial role in home automation, IoT allows users to control their homes with smartphones and smart wearables.
For this project, we will also control the lights and fans of the home with a smartphone but to add a little more innovation we will use voice commands from a smartphone.
- There will be two modules of the system:
- First Module will be a circuit of Arduino and Bluetooth or Wifi module, 12 V led and fans will also be connected to Arduino that will be controlled with relays and also 12v external power supply will be connected to the circuit.
- Second Module will be of mobile application, it is recommended to use flutter and dart language to develop a cross-platform smartphone application which can work on both Android and IOS or a simple Android application can be developed.
- Voice commands will be given from mobile application for example turn on room 1 light the mobile app will process the command and send the appropriate signal to the Arduino controller, appropriate messages must be displayed if the application is unable to identify a command.
- The Application must also have an interface to register new commands.
- Upon receiving a command from the application, the Arduino will turn on the 12 v led light of a specific room.
- The system will have 4 12 v led lights and 2 fans minimum.
- Arduino IDE (For Arduino code)
- Flutter SDK for Dart Programming Language (flutter application development)
- Android Studio Java or Kotlin (for a flutter or android app)
- 12 v Leds and 12V fans
- Bluetooth or Wi-Fi module (incase of Arduino)
- Relays to control led and fan
- Breadboard and wires
Class diagram, activity diagram, data flow diagram, sequence diagram, use case diagram, Use case description, scope, hard requirements, non-functional requirements, testing test cases, SRS document, design manual, and other diagrams are needed to draw for this project.