Last modified on May 1st, 2021
Code and documentation of Car Workshop Finder Project in Android
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
This an app that lets the drivers/car owners find a workshop that is nearest to them and meets their needs. A workshop will get itself registered in the app by specifying its location. The workshop also needs to specify the models (Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Sportage, etc.) and services (tuning, oil change, engine service, electric work, etc.) it offers for cars of the specified models.
When a car owner/driver searches for a workshop in the registered app, it specifies its car model and the services it requires. Based on this information (owner’s car model and services it needs), the app lists all the workshops offering the required services for the owner’s car model.
This list is sorted according to the distance of the workshop from the owner’s current location (nearest workshops offering the required services for the owner’s car model appear first and farther ones appear in the end).
The owner/driver will book for services he/she needs from the chosen workshop (from the search list). The workshop will respond through the app and confirm booking specifying the exact time when the owner/drive may arrive at the workshop to get the car serviced/repaired. Finally, the owner/driver and workshop will have the option to rate each other.
- A workshop manager should be able to register its workshop in the app. The manager needs to specify the following things during registration:
- Workshop location
- Car models it services/repairs
- Services it provides
- A car owner/driver can search workshops appropriate for its needs. Car owner/driver needs to specify the following things for searching the workshop:
- Its car model
- Services/repairs it needs
- The app will display a list of the workshops which can service car owner’s specified model and the services he/she needs. The list should be sorted according to the car owner’s distance (current location) from the workshop’s location (nearest workshop will appear first).
- Car owners can select one workshop from the list (as a result of the search specified in the above requirement) and book for car service.
- Workshop staff (manager) will receive the notification of the car owner’s booking in the app.
- The workshop staff (manager) will confirm the booking by specifying the time when the car owner can come to the workshop for car servicing.
- The car owner and driver will rate each other (optionally) once the car is serviced.
- IDE: Android Studio
- Database: Online DBMS (like Firebase or any other of your choice)
- You do not need to provide registration functionality for car owner/driver
- Mobile app development normally requires systems with good computational power. See the exact system requirements for Android Studio in the following link: https://developer.android.com/studio
You are advised to enroll in this project only if you have the needed computational capacity.
Class diagram, activity diagram, data flow diagram, sequence diagram, use case diagram, Use case description, scope, hard requirements, non-functional requirements, testing test cases, SRS document, design manual, and other diagrams are needed to draw for this project. The download will be available soon. keep in touch.
- How to write a resume for a job search: Tips for applicants - May 11, 2021
- The Best Tool to Test the Speed of Your Internet - May 5, 2021
- Why do we need various number systems in computer science? - April 16, 2021