Online Tour planner and Operator Project
Here, we are showing you a detailed summary of the project of the Online Tour planner and Operator.
ABC Tours Private Limited (ABCT) is offering a variety of tours which are highly in demand and hence most of their customers book their tours well in advance.
Each tour that is offered has been scheduled to start and finish on the same day. During each tour, the customers/travelers will be visiting many sites. All of those sites offer site seeing, however, only some of those sites offer various activities in which the customers can participate.
Some of the sites that are visited on a tour may also be included in other tours. For each of the tours, a tour guide is allotted by ABCT.
- Each tour must have a distinct name and a price along with additional attributes depends upon your design.
- Each site must have a name along with additional attributes.
- Each activity must have a name, duration, and number of a participant in that activity.
- Each tour guide must have attributes saved in along with the name.
Additional attributes for tour, site, activity and tour guide are left to your choice.
You need to create a web-based application that performs the following:
- Create and store activities
- Create and store sites with or without activities
- Create and store the details tour guides
- Create and store tours and allot a tour guide to a tour
Depending on your design, you may have to create many database tables. Creating suitable tables for the following may help you to design the application effectively:
- The site (without activity)
- Site with activities
- Tour including the list of sites and a guide
The web page should have necessary controls that are necessary to receive the input data and the application should store them appropriately. The web page’s layout is left to your choice.
The page should also be user-friendly and is expected to display appropriate error/exit messages. The web application should also show your Student ID and Full name.
The data type for each of the inputs has not been mentioned purposely. You need to use an appropriate data type accordingly. The following Buttons, in addition to other controls, should be available and perform appropriate actions:
Clear Form – to clear the current inputs and present the default page Exit – to confirm the exit and then return to the main page/home page
- Admin will create/authenticate tour guide’s login
- Admin has responsibilities to enter sites and activities
- Each Tour guide would able to create a tour plan of its own along with its price
- Each tour plan has limited seats for reservations
- Plans are viewed by travelers and then book number of seats against each tour
- Payments are done by using a credit card. (Use dummy credit card number of 10 digits)
- Visitor/traveler is not allowed by the system to book two different tours which start or end dates are overlapped
- Visitor/traveler may apply for cancelation of tour plan to request system admin and admin would only allow canceling that tour reservation before one week of start date.
HTML, PHP, MySQL, Xampp / wamp server, PHP Report Maker / PHP Reports / Any other supportive tool for Report generation.
Project Domain / Category
You can use any of the following PHP Frameworks For developing this Web Development Project
3. Fat-Free Framework
5. Laminas Project