Table of Contents
Find My Tutor Mobile Android Application Project
Project Domain / Category
Mobile Application (Android)
Abstract / Introduction
Often, it can be very tricky to know where to look and find a Tutor if you don’t have any connections. Usually, when a student wants to search a tutor, he/she has to search through newspaper advertisements or asks any friend or relative who can recommend a highly qualified and expert tutor with affordable fees.
This project aims at developing an android based mobile application with the aim of making it easier for parents and students to instantly find and connect with thousands of professional and certified tutors at one place. This application will provide students a platform on their smart phones for finding the experts and tutors of their desired field/subject according to their qualification and experience.
The proposed mobile application will provide an efficient search engine which will help students to search using different filters (subject, location, qualification etc.). Based on the applied filters, the search engine will find the most relevant data and will display it to the user. Search by Location feature will also be integrated in the application so that the users can search for the tutors in their surrounding locations as well as the tutor can know from where the services are being requested. Finally, the application will allow the users to rate and give their reviews about any tutor and the services they provide which will make this application more useful for the users.
There will be two users of the Application.
The following will be the functional requirements of this project.
- System will be integrated to a Real-time database i.e. Firebase.
- It should be able to send and receive Real-time Push notifications from students to tutors and vice versa.
- It should be able to open Google Maps and show directions from where the student is requesting the service while using the ‘Search by Location’ feature.
There will be two modules of the Application.
- Student Module
- Tutor Module
- Register with the application as a Student by either giving the email address or contact number.
- Authenticate the student by sending email to the given email address or by sending a text message on contact number.
- Allow the registered student to Login to the student.
- Allow the registered student to search the tutors by providing the following:
- Display the List of tutors according to the search criteria given by the student.
- Allow the student to send request to hire tutor.
- Allow the student to send request for Negotiation of Fees.
- Allow the student to rate the Tutor for his/her services.
- Allow the student to comment and give reviews.
- Allow the student to delete/deactivate his/her Account.
- Allow the tutor to register with the application as a tutor by entering the following:
- Contact Number etc.
- Authenticate the tutor by sending email to the given email address or by sending a text message on contact number.
- Allow the registered tutor to Login to the system.
- Allow the tutor to update his/her Profile.
- Display the list of students seeking for tuition.
- Allow the tutor to send the request to student for providing his/her services.
- Allow the tutor to accept/ reject requests from the students.
- Allow the tutor to negotiate the fee with the students.
- Allow the tutor to deactivate/delete his/her Account.
Note: These are basic requirements of the application. Students may add further functionalities to make the application more useful.
- Android Studio
List of all Final Year Project Ideas
List of all Final Year Project Ideas – Click Here