Software development is done by software programmers? Mostly the software was used by the users who don’t know about the programming. Now, the question is that if they don’t know about the programming, then how they can interact with this kind of software.
End-user computing is the computing technique in which software developers develop the software in such a way that the end-users can also perform the computing on the software. This computing can be partially or fully computing. This depends on the programmer what kind of access is given to the end-user for end-user computing.
The programmers design the software in such a way that the end-user can easily compute the different kind of operations within the software.
What is an example of end-user computing?
Google Analytics is the best example of end-user computing. Google Analytics is developed by the programmers of the Google but Google Analytics works in such a way that any end-user can simply log into the system and then can compute and can check that what kind of traffic is coming on their website.
Here, in this example, this analytics shows that bounce rate is 76%. It means that 76% of visitors are viewing only one page of the website. Similarly, 24% of visitors are viewing the more than one page of the website.
Types of end-user computing
There are many kinds of end-user computing. Some of the end-user computing are mentioned below;
- business rules
- Visual programming
- fifth-generation languages
- artificial intelligence
Analytics in end-user computing
Different kind of analytics can be designed, according to the requirements of end-user.
Business rules in end-user computing
Suppose we are developing a software for a company and the company wants to increase its business with the help of this software then we need to develop the software in such a way that it can facilitate the business.
Scripts in end-user computing
Different kinds of scripts were given to the end-user so that they can perform the computing without knowing about the script programming.
Visual programming in end-user computing
Visual programming is the programming technique in which different tools allows the user to run the program by just providing the visuals like menus icons and buttons and etc. This is very helpful for the end-user to perform end-user computing.
Artificial intelligence in end-user computing
Artificial intelligence plays a very important role in end-user computing. Softwares try to detect the things automatically to help the end-user.
Advantages of End-user computing
There are many Advantages of End-user computing. Some of the advantages are mentioned below.
- End-user computing provides a competitive advantage.
- End-user computing helps the End-users to perform the computing without technical knowledge of the system.
End-user computing Allows viewing the results in different ways.
- End-user computing increase user awareness of Management Information System (MIS)
- End-user computing enables the creative use of Management Information System (MIS).
End-user computing is Helpful in exploring the information in a detailed way.
Disadvantages of End-user computing
- There are many Disadvantages of End-user computing. Some of the disadvantages are mentioned below.
- End-user computing can lead to integration problems.
- End-user computing can cause duplication.
- End-user computing can ignore the technical issues
End-user computing takes users away from their real job.
- End-user computing can lead to big problems due to the lack of attention to the different algorithm and procedures of the Management Information System (MIS).