Table of Contents
Land Law Solved MCQs for Lawyers
1. Mention that the following is NOT one of the principles upon which the system of registered land is built?
2. Name the category of interests that binds a purchaser of registered land despite not appearing anywhere on the register…
A. Legal interests
B. Personal interests
C. Overriding interests
D. Overreachable interests
3. Which type of legal interest in unregistered land is not automatically binding upon a purchaser of unregistered land?
A. A legal right of entry
B. Legal lease
C. Legal easement
D. Puisne mortgage
4. The details of third party interests burdening a piece of registered land will generally appear on which part of the register?
A. The charges register
B. The property register
C. The proprietorship register
D. The land charges register
5. The following is not an event to trigger registration of title for the first time…
A. The creation of a first legal mortgage.
B. The assignment of an unregistered leasehold estate with less than seven years in duration.
C. The grant of a leasehold estate of more than seven years in duration.
D. A gift of an unregistered freehold estate to another.
6. Which disposal of a registered freehold/leasehold estate must itself be registered to convey legal title in accordance with which statutory provision?
A. Section 27 LRA 2002
B. Section 27 LPA 1925
C. Section 40 LRA 2002
D. Section 4 LRA 2002
7. The enforcement against a purchaser of an unregistered land of an equitable easement created after 1925 is governed by which one of the following?
A. Registration as a Class D(iii) land charge
B. The doctrine of notice
C. Registration as a Class C(iv) land charge
D. Registration as a Class D(ii) land charge
8. To which statutory section will interests that have been appropriately registered as a land charge bind anyone coming to the land over which they exist?
A. Section 27 LPA 1927
B. Section 23 LPA 1969
C. Section 2 LCA 1972
D. Section 198 LPA 1925
9. Which type of land charge should be registered to protect an estate contract.?
A. Class D(iii)
B. Class C(i)
C. Class C(iv)
D. Class F
10. The statutory section defines the term ‘purchaser’ for the purpose of the Land Charges Act 1972.
A. Section 4(5) LCA 1972
B. Section 2 LPA 1925
C. Section 4(6) LCA 1972
D. Section 17 LCA 1972
11. Which of the following is the interest is an overriding interest under Sch 3 para 1?
A. Expressly created legal easements
B. Impliedly created legal easements
C. Legal leases of more than seven years in duration
D. Legal leases of seven years or less in duration
12. Mention that which one the following is not a case that has helped to clarify what is meant by actual occupation under Sch 3 para 2…
A. Chaudhary v Yavuz (2011)
B. Strand Securities v Caswell (1965)
C. Stockholm Finance Ltd v Garden Holdings Inc (1991)
D. Chhokar v Chhokar (1984)