By Prof. Fazal Rehman Shamil
Let us see the detailed Job description for a hardware engineer.
Following list describe the descriptions for a hardware engineer
- Able to create and develop the software systems that control computers.
- Create and test circuits and other electronic components
- Must be all work and refine processes.
- Able to perform re-testing and ensure they work properly.
- Check and describe problems.
- Check and train the technicians and other engineers during the development phase.
- Design, test and change product prototypes.
- modify existing computer components so that it will work with new software
- Monitor all manufacturing process for computer hardware
- Keep all knowledge of computer engineering trends and new technology
- Formed all specifications for parts.
- Control the working of processes.
- Correlate information and give idea about appropriate hardware to users.
- Develop and support input and output, including CPUs, support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
- Check the power supply requirements and configuration.
- Gathered data for analysis of system capabilities
- Test the results and change the design as needed
- Able to evaluate the effectiveness of the design and update if necessary.
- Calculate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Compose all the components into the final design.
- Check the completed models of the computer hardware they design
- Develop and monitor the production of computer hardware equipment.
- Create new design like computer hardware, creating blueprints of computer equipment to be built