Last modified on May 8th, 2020
C++ is a high-level computer programming language.
High-level languages are those languages that are easy to understand for a human being. These languages are nearest to the common human being languages. The high level language code is called source code.
C, C++, Java, COBOL etc
Low-level languages are those languages that are easy to understand for the machine. The low-level language code is called object code.
Computer programming language is a language that is understandable for a computer. For example, all high level and low level languages including c++ are the computer programming languages.
A computer program is a set of instruction written in any high level or low-level language and this set of instruction is understandable for the computer.
Note: Program, code, source code and object code all are just the instructions of any computer programming language.
Machine understands low-level language and human beings understand high-level languages more easily, so how these two kinds of languages are compatible with each other?
We write our code in high-level languages like c++ and then different translator software converts this high-level code into low level language code.
The compiler converts the high-level language code into the object code as a whole.
- Faster than interpreter
- Produce the executable code
Code without any error is must to produce the executable file.
The interpreter converts the high-level language code into the object code statement by statement.
- Easy to debug
- Informs about the errors earlier
Slower than interpreter.
The assembler converts the assembly language code into the object code.
- Faster because assembly language is nearest to the hardware and binary language(machine language).
- The code is easy to understand for the machine as compared to the high-level language code.
|Techniques||Convert entire program to machine language||Convert the statements into machine language one by one at a time.|
|Speed||The compiler is Faster than an interpreter||The interpreter is slower than the compiler|
- How to write a resume for a job search: Tips for applicants - May 11, 2021
- The Best Tool to Test the Speed of Your Internet - May 5, 2021
- Why do we need various number systems in computer science? - April 16, 2021