Paper 1: Basic Electronics Instrumentation – University Past Papers.
Time Allowed: 3 hours
Total Marks: 70, Passing Marks (35)
NOTE: Attempt any five questions from the following. All questions carry equal marks. Cell Phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall.
Q.1 a) The series ohmmeter in given figure is made up of a 1.5V battery, a 100 microamperes meter and a resistance R1 which makes ( R1 + Rm ) = 15 kilo-ohm. Determine the instrument indication when Rx = 0
b) Determine how the resistance scale should be marked at 0.5 Full scale deflections, 0.75 FSD.
b) Discuss the internal circuit of DC voltmeter
Q.2 a) Draw the circuit diagram of a basic two transistor flip flop. Explain the conditions that keep one transistor ON and the other one OFF.
b) Draw the logic diagram for a general ADC.
Q.3 a) Draw the basic block diagram of a digital frequency meter, sketch the system waveforms, and carefully explain its operation.
b) A 20V dc voltage is measured by analog and digital multi-meters. The analog instrument is on its 25 V range, and its specified accuracy is 2% the digital meter has a 3.5 digital display and an accuracy of (0.6+1). Determine the measurement accuracy in each case.
Q.4 Discuss the electronic meters for measurement of very high and very low resistances
Q.5 a) Sketch RL series and parallel equivalent circuits for an inductor.
b) When the given circuit is in resonance. E=100 mV, R = 5 Ohms and XL= Xc= 100 Ohms. Calculate the Q factor.
Q.6 Draw the block diagram for a digital spectrum analyzer. Explain its operation
Q.7 Explain the basic operation of a digital storage oscilloscope, and discuss the relationship between sampling rate and bandwidth.
Q.8 Write note on any TWO of the following:
a) Thermocouple instruments
b) Unregulated DC power supply
c) Low frequency signal generator
Electrical Engineering Past Papers and Guess(EE)
- Calculus & analytic geometry past papers
- Introduction to computing past papers
- Electricity and magnetism past papers
- APPLIED LINEAR ALGEBRA past papers
- Programming Fundamentals Past Papers
- Electronic devices and circuits
- Digital Logic Design DLD Past Papers
- Basic Electronics & DLD Past Papers
- Functional English Past Papers
- Differential Equations Past Papers
- Data Structures Past Papers
- Electric Machines Past Papers
- Network Analysis Past Papers
- Numerical Analysis Past Papers
- Signals Systems Past Papers
- complex variables and transform past papers
- Engineering drawing and AutoCAD past papers
- Applied Thermodynamics Past Papers
- Communication and presentation skills Past Papers
- Field Theory Past Papers
- Communication Systems Past Papers
- Embedded Systems Past Papers
- Basic Electronics Instrumentation Past Papers
- Power Transmission Distribution Past Papers
- Linear control systems Past Papers
- Probability Methods in Engineering Past Papers
- Engineering Economics Past Papers
- Technical Report Writing Past Papers
- Professional Ethics Past Papers