Last modified on May 21st, 2021
Paper 1: Communication Systems – University Past Papers.
Time Allowed: 3 hours
Total Marks: 70, Passing Marks (35)
Q1: a) What is Cumulative Distribution Function (CDF). Write its properties as well.
i. Sample Space ii. Random process iii. Complement of an event
Q2: a) A binary-symmetric channel has error probability = . The probability of transmitting 1 is Q while
that of transmitting 1 is 1-Q.
b) Determine the probabilities of receiving 1 and 0 at the receiver.
Q3: a) Define correlation and discuss its different types.
b) Define moments. Write the equations for nth moment, nth central moment and 2nd central moment.
c) Define continuous random variable and discrete random variable.
Q4: Show that the random process where θ is a random variable uniformly
distributed in the range (0, 2π) is a wide-sense stationary process.
Q5: With the help of a figure, discuss the behavior of DSB-SC system in the presence of noise by deriving the
equation for .
Q6: Describe the transmission of random processes through linear systems by determining the autocorrelation
function and PSD.
Q7: Draw the figures for the Coherent and Non-coherent Detection of digital modulated signals.
Q8: Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Stationary Random Processes
b) Ergodic Processes
c) ASK and FSK
Electrical Engineering Past Papers and Guess(EE)
- Calculus & analytic geometry past papers
- Introduction to computing past papers
- Electricity and magnetism past papers
- APPLIED LINEAR ALGEBRA past papers
- Programming Fundamentals Past Papers
- Electronic devices and circuits
- Digital Logic Design DLD Past Papers
- Basic Electronics & DLD Past Papers
- Functional English Past Papers
- Differential Equations Past Papers
- Data Structures Past Papers
- Electric Machines Past Papers
- Network Analysis Past Papers
- Numerical Analysis Past Papers
- Signals Systems Past Papers
- complex variables and transform past papers
- Engineering drawing and AutoCAD past papers
- Applied Thermodynamics Past Papers
- Communication and presentation skills Past Papers
- Field Theory Past Papers
- Communication Systems Past Papers
- Embedded Systems Past Papers
- Basic Electronics Instrumentation Past Papers
- Power Transmission Distribution Past Papers
- Linear control systems Past Papers
- Probability Methods in Engineering Past Papers
- Engineering Economics Past Papers
- Technical Report Writing Past Papers
- Professional Ethics Past Papers