What is XML?
- XML is the eXtensible Markup Language
- XML is for creating the user defined tags but it is impossbile in HTML.
- XML is a markup language.
- Most of the XML rules are simmilar to HTML
- XML was designed to store data intelligently especially very usefull form maintiaing the data ontologies.
- XML was designed to transport data.
- XML is a W3C Recommendation.
<title>Book On XML</title>
Here in example 1, all tags are user defined tags. These tags are self created only to give data a meaning. Now this data is more understandable for machine.
Now machine and human both can understand easily that
- “Book On XML” is the name of a book.
- “Sameed” is name of the author
- “T4” is name of the publisher.
What is the ifference between XML and HTML?
|eXtensible Markup Language||Hypertext Markup Language|
|Carry data||Display data|
|Tags are not predefined||Tags are predefined|
|More helpful in ontologies||Less helpful in ontologies|