Subject: Introduction to Geography
Time Allowed: 10 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 10
NOTE: Attempt this Paper on this Question Sheet only. Please encircle the correct option. Division of marks is given in front of each question. This Paper will be collected back after expiry of time limit mentioned above.
Part-I Encircle the correct option, cutting and overwriting is not allowed. (10)
1. Which of the following is an important branch of Physical Geography?
a) Geology b) Oceanography
c) Sociology d) None of these
2. _______ is a field of geography that deals with the study of the physical features of the surface of the earth.
c) Surveying d) Geomorphology
3. Which of the following is a type of intrusive igneous rocks?
a) Lime stone b) Granite
c) Diorite d) Only b & c
4. Which of the following planet in our solar system has TWO moons?
a) Mercury b) Venus
c) Mars d) Jupiter
5. The globe is divided into _______ time zones.
a) 04 b) 12
c) 18 d) 24
6. SIAL and SIMA layers are found in the _______.
a) Lithosphere b) Mantle
c) Outer Core d) Inner core
7. The atmospheric humidity is measured by_______.
a) Anemometer b) Barometer
c) Thermometer d) Hygrometer
8. _______ is the most abundantly found gas in the Atmosphere?
a) Nitrogen b) Hydrogen
c) Oxygen d) Argon
9. Which of the following is considered to be the smallest ocean in the world?
a) Pacific b) Atlantic
c) Indian d) Arctic
10. Which of the following is an ocean current?
a) Western lies b) Gulf stream
c) Easterlies d) None of these