Last modified on February 11th, 2020
Contacts Management System Project in PHP or ASP.NET – SRS Document
Project Domain / Category:
Contacts Management System (CMS) is a web application that will allow its users to view, search, and download contact information in CSV or XLS or any similar file format.
On this web application, users will be able to search for the contacts by various search queries such as search by contact’s name, email, phone#, location, address or category. Users should also be able to view the search results in the tabular form on the web page or download the contact information in the form of a file as mentioned above (.CSV, .XLS, .txt, etc).
This web application should also provide the admin with support to import/store the contacts information into the database from an external file such as as.CSV, XLS or any other format.
The search result on the web page should only show a maximum of 20 records/pages by default.
For more than 20 records in the search result, it should show the pagination numbers at the
bottom of the search results such as
It should also provide the option of increasing the number of search results per page. It means that the user should be able to change the number of records per page in the search result.
This web application will have three different types of users.
- A non-registered user should be able to search for contacts with different search queries such as name, location, occupation, category, gender, etc.
- A non-registered user should only have access to the basic columns of the contact table such as First Name, Last Name, Gender, Location, Occupation, etc.
- He should neither be able to view nor download the secret/sensitive information of contact such as an Email, Phone#, Address, etc.
- A non-registered user should also not be able to add any contact into the system
- The site should have a registration and a login form for getting registered or to log in.
- A registered member will be able to search for the contacts with any possible search query such as name, email, phone, occupation, address, etc.
- A registered member would have access to all the information related to the contacts. It means all the table columns related to the contact’s record should be visible to the member.
- A registered member should also have the privilege to add the contact from a web form (Subjected to be approved by the admin)
- Admin should have the privilege to add a contact manually through a web form or through an external file.
- Admin should be able to directly delete the selected contact(s).
- Admin should be able to create/delete contact categories. (Categories maybe something like “Adult”, “Scholar”, “Sportsperson”, “Doctor” or any categories of your choice)
- Admin should be able to create/delete contact’s database table columns
- Admin should be able to create/delete site members
Tools and Languages:
You can use any combination of the tools and languages from the following: