Advanced Digital Design Universities Past Papers
Q1. Describe the types of design methodologies and explain each with diagram.
Q2. A 4-bit ripple carry adder (Ripple_Add) contains four 1-bit full adders (FA).
- Define the module FA. Do not define the internals or the terminal list.
- Define the module Ripple_Add. Do not define the internals or the terminal list. Instantiate four full adders of the type FA in the module Ripple_Add and call them fa0, fa1, fa2, and fa3.
Q3. Define Module? Write Verilog code for declaring module for ripple counter…
Q4. Are the following legal strings? If not, write the correct strings.
- “This is a string displaying the % sign”
- “out = in1 + in2”
- “Please ring a bell \007”
- “This is a backslash \ character\n”
Q5. Write down the Verilog code for 1bit full adder using behavior level modeling.
Q6. A full subtractor has three 1-bit inputs x, y, and z (previous borrow) and two 1-bit outputs D (difference) and B (borrow). The logic equations for D and B are as follows:
D = x’.y’.z + x’.y.z’ + x.y’.z’ + x.y.z
B = x’.y + x’.z +y.z
Write the full Verilog description for the full subtractor module. Use data flow level modeling.
Q7 Write down about the importance about of HDL. What advantages HDL have over the conventional languages?