Subject: Psychology-I (MAS)
Time Allowed: 10 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 10
NOTE: Attempt this Paper on this Question Sheet only. Please encircle the correct option. Division of marks is given in front of each question. This Paper will be collected back after expiry of time limit mentioned above.
Part-I Encircle the right answer, cutting and overwriting is not allowed. (1×10=10)
1. John Watson is considered to be the founder of ____________
a) Structuralism b) Functionalism
¢) Behaviorism d) Gestalt
2. In correlation method, if increase in one variable is correlated with decrease in other variable then such relationship is as:
a) Positive relationship b) Negative relationship
c) Inverse relationship d) Zero relationship
3. The minimum level of energy which can stimulate any sense organ is known as ____________.
a) Threshold b) Absolute threshold
4. False perceptions are called ____________.
a) Delusions b) Hallucinations
c) Illusions d) Weak eyesight
5. In classical conditioning, the weakening of the conditioned response in the absence of the unconditioned stimulus is called ____________:
a) Extinction b) Acquisition
c) Generalization d) Discrimination
6. Physiological deficiency in an organizing’s body is called ____________:
a) Motive b) Drive
c) Need d) Primary motive
7. Biologically, emotional changes occur due to ____________.
a) Limbic System b) Pons
c) Cerebellum d) Thalamus
8. The memory of a specific event or autobiographical information is called:
a) Semantic memory b) Episodic memory
c) Procedural memory d) Implicit memory
9. ____________ is the most basic ingredient of thought which comprised of categories of objects, events or ideas with common properties.
a) Imageries b) Cognitions
c) Languages d) Concepts
10. Doing volunteer work is an example of ____________.
a) Extrinsic motivation b) intrinsic motivation
c) Social support d) Social approval
Subject: Psychology-I (MAS)
Time Allowed: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 50
NOTE: ATTEMPT THIS (SUBJECTIVE) ON THE SEPARATE ANSWER SHEET PROVIDED.
Part-II Give short answers of the following:. (2×10=20)
Q#1: What is the difference between sensation and perception?
Q#2: What is memory?
Q#3: What are’ important points of Behaviorism?
Q#4: Briefly explain the process of creativity.
Q#5: What is Insight learning?
Q#6: What is James-Lange theory of emotion?
Q#7: What is motivation?
Q#8: What is the difference between absolute threshold and differential threshold?
Q#9: Define language.
Q#10: What is control group in experimental research method?
Part-III Give Brief answers of the following:. (3×10=30)
- What is Psychology? Briefly describe tis schools of thoughts.
2 Give a detailed account of types of thinking with examples.
- Explain in detail the types of motives with examples.