Subject: Organizational Behavior and HRD
Time Allowed: 10 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 10
NOTE: Attempt this Paper on this Question Sheet only. Please encircle the correct option. Division of marks is given in front of each question. This Paper will be collected back after expiry of time limit mentioned above.
Part-I Encircle the correct option, cutting and overwriting is not allowed. (10)
1. Individuals who gets things done by others?
a. Leaders b. Psychologists
c. Organizations d. Managers
2. Successful managers and entrepreneurs recognize that:
b. Interpersonal skills are not important.
c. Technical skills are necessary, but insufficient, for succeeding in management.
d. An understanding of human behavior does not impact effectiveness
3. Behavior is generally and the of behavior is a means to making reasonably accurate predictions.
a. Predetermined; observation b. Predictable; systematic study
c. Controllable; theoretical application
4. Which one of the following statements about Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory is not true”?
a. The five levels of needs are arranged in hierarchical order.
b. Physiological needs are the lowest level.
c. The lower order need must be fully satisfied before the next higher need becomes potent.
d. The need hierarchy concept has not been well supported by research.
5. An individual’s belief that he or she is capable of performing a task.
a. Self-efficacy b. Encouragement
c. Overt behavior
6. One of the shortcuts used to judge others involves evaluating a person based on how he/she compares to other individuals on the same characteristic. This shortcut is known as:
a. Selective perception b. Contrast effects
c. Halo effect d. Prejudice
7. Field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organizations.
a. Organizational behavior b. Psychology
8. Which of the following best reflects the “melting pot” assumption?
a. Managers should be active b. Diversity should be embraced
c. Diversity will contribute positively
9. What does OB stand for?
a. Organizational behavior b. Organizing behavior
c. Organized business
10. What is the core underlying discipline that forms organizational behavior?
a. Psychology b. Organizational Behavior