Microwave Engineering Solved MCQs Answers
1. If the S11 and S22 parameters of a common emitter operated BJT is high…
A. the gain of the amplifier is high
B. then the output and input ports are matched well
C. there is a mismatch in the ports
D. none of the mentioned
2. If a common emitter configuration BJT is treated as a two-port network, the gain of the amplifier is roughly given by the S parameter:
3. Which of the current gain of a BJT with frequency ____________?
C. remains constant
4. When transistor has a short circuit current gain of 25 and the capacitance measured in the hybrid-π model of the transistor was 60 pF. Then the threshold frequency of operation of the transistor is?
A. 66.3 GHz
B. 34.8 GHz
C. 60 MHz
D. 45.6 GHz
5. What is the Advantage of HJT over BJT is that it has…?
A. sophisticated construction
B. higher gain
C. high frequency of operation
D. none of these
6. What is the range of microwave frequencies normally regarded?
A. 1000 to 10000 GHz
B. 1 to 1000 MHz
C. 10 to 1000 GHz
D. 1 to 100 GHz
7. When Microwave band of 10.9 to 36 GHz is?
8. What is the benefit of using a microwave?
A. greater transmission distances
B. greater transmission distances
C. more spectrum space for signals
D. simpler equipment
E. None of these
9. Which one of the following is not a disadvantage of microwaves?
A. line of sight transmission
B. higher cost equipment
C. circuits are more difficult to analyze
D. conventional components are not usable
10. When any device with negative impedance as its characteristic property can be called…
B. Energy sink
C. Energy source
D. None of these
12. During transistor oscillators, FET and BJT are used. Instability is achieved through…
A. Giving positive feedback
B. Using a tank circuit
C. Giving negative feedback
D. All of the above
E. None of these