Last modified on April 29th, 2021
Code and documentation of Dermatology Online IOS App Project
Project Domain / Category
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that deals with diseases concerning the skin, nails, and hair. There are various therapies covered under dermatology including laser therapy, tumescent liposuction, vitiligo surgery, hair transplant, hair removal, tattoo removal, photo therapy, allergy testing, etc. We know the Earth has undergone through dramatic climate changes from last few years and that natural factors driving these changes are varied (e.g. the relationship between the Earth and the Sun, volcanic eruptions, solar irradiance etc.). Furthermore, extreme weather events are also causing skin diseases in humans. So, there is a need to set up an online communication between a Dermatologist and a patient so that the patient can take initial advice from a Dermatologist and can maintain his/her skin health.
The main idea of the proposed “Dermatology Online iOS App” is to provide the patients easy access to Dermatologists and take initial advice regarding their skin issues. The iOS application will act as a client whereas the database containing the dermatologist’s details, patient’s details, and communication details will be maintained by a web server.
Core functionality and basic flow of the app will be as follows:
- First of all, the user will encounter the login screen which requires the user to log in to the application.
- For new users, there will be an option to create an account on the login screen, which will lead the user towards the further process.
- During registration, besides the personal information, the User will need to answer a few basic questions, regarding his/her Skin, the user may also need to upload pictures of his/her body parts in case he/she has allergy issues.
- After Registration, the application will redirect the user to the Main screen of the app which will get a Query from the user, this screen will show a heading: “your disease” and a drop-down to show the main diseases and their little description. (Following are the diseases and their description).
- Acne (Acne is a broad term of a skin condition in which a person gets pimples, white or blackheads on the skin.)
- Pigmentation (The disturbances in the natural skin color is known as Pigmentation.)
- Ringworm (It is a fungal infection of the skin in which a circular itchy rash is caused by the infection.)
- Fungal Infection (Just like bacteria, fungi also live on our skin. A fungal infection can occur due to several factors such as poor hygiene, or lowered immunity in the body.)
- Other (Select if your disease is not present in the above list)
The other Screens will work as:
The status screen will show the status of the user’s query.
This screen will show the user’s communication with the dermatologists.
There will be a need for a back-end web API that will handle all back-end tasks such as managing all patients’ requests, the replies of dermatologists, taking care of patient’s records etc.
- IDE: Xcode on mac-book
- Programming Language: Swift5 and latest versions
- Backend Server side scripting technology : PHP
- Api Testing Application : Postman
- Code Editors : XCode, Sublime, PHP storm Visual studio, etc.
Class diagram, activity diagram, data flow diagram, sequence diagram, use case diagram, Use case description, scope, hard requirements, non-functional requirements, testing test cases, SRS document, design manual, and other diagrams are needed to draw for this project.
- How to write a resume for a job search: Tips for applicants - May 11, 2021
- The Best Tool to Test the Speed of Your Internet - May 5, 2021
- Why do we need various number systems in computer science? - April 16, 2021