How PPSC calculate merit?
The final merit of the applicants would be calculated according to the followings rules;
- At least a 40% score in the written test is required to qualify for a PPSC interview.
- At least a 50% score in a PPSC interview is required to qualify for the PPSC interview.
- In final merit only 50% of written test score count.
- PPSC interview score has 100% weightage in final merit.
- Academics up to Bachelors/Masters degree account for 40 scores supported percentages in academics at various levels.
- The standards could also be subject to vary but it’s rumored that this point around MS/MPhil carries no extra score whereas last time there has been an additional score for higher Qualification aside from 40 scores.
- Suppose you secure 50/100 score in the test and 80/100 in the PPSC interview and your academics account for 38/40.
- Your final score will be looks like 25+80+38 = 143.
These scores are out of 190 and you’ll get additional scores for MS and or Ph.D.
So to sum it up PPSC interview is that the most vital phase of the entire induction process because it accounts for 100 scores within the final merit.